The Haven Hostel is a fun and happening accommodation in downtown Thunder Bay!
This is because we run a tight-ship and have a super fun and friendly staff in our small accommodation.
We are looking for a housekeeper to work 5 shifts per week, Maximum 5 hours per day, weekdays and weekends. We have a set contract from now until September 15th, with opportunity for extension. $14.50/hour.
This is a Canada Summer Jobs Posting that requires you to be between the ages of 15-30 and be a permanent Canadian Resident.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Past housekeeping experience is an asset
- Knowledge of cleaning and disinfecting agents
- Attention to detail
- Can work in a fast paced environment
- Reliable mode of transportation
- Time management skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand the policies of The Haven with respect to work shifts, client possessions, and privacy
- Perform housekeeping duties including dusting, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning the windows, scouring bathrooms, changing sheets and towels, managing laundry, and keeping the place neat and tidy
- Clean, disinfect, and store all cleaning equipment at the end of their shift
- Fulfill all cleaning requirements
- Promptly respond to client needs
- Inform staff if any accidents or problems occur while performing cleaning services
- Preferably someone with minimum two seasons of housekeeping experience
We abide by all current COVID-19 protocols for hotels and do hourly sanitization checks and completions. Our building is also running at half capacity in order to maintain the highest standards of safety and comfort. Staff have the option of having a weekly antigen test.
Inquire within! We would love to hear from you!
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for super fun and outgoing individuals who can keep the hostel vibe positive starting this spring!
Positions are staggered starting from September 1, 2021 and beyond.
We are currently searching for someone responsible with a great attitude to complete casual cleaning throughout the season in exchange for accommodation. Our main mandate is to get our guests out, having fun, and making sure everyone arrives without a hitch - so we need you to get out and explore too and rock our region!
We keep an extremely clean environment and have very high standards that always make the following day's tasks easier as we remain diligent.
Each night one volunteer will need to be on-call solely in the case of an emergency after 8/10 PM (time dependent on season). Duties and preferred roles will be discussed in detail during inquiry and interview stage.
Your stay with us would be offset by your volunteer hours and breakfast is on us every morning. We have a family oriented staff who always find the fun in everything - guaranteed shared meals on the BBQ will be happening.
Our new volunteer would share a small, two bed dormitory complete with desks with our amazing on-site Supervisor - Hanuman (Male). There may be opportunity for alternative accommodation depending. There is extra gear and warehouse storage on-site for any larger items you may have to store, and a locker and private bunk in the room.
- Between the ages of 18 and 35
- Be working or studyinig in a related field
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Be able to speak fluent English, French is an asset
- Hold a valid passport valid six (6) months after the desired return date
- Volunteer positions are a minimum of two months
- On your arrival the hostel manager will provide training on all assigned jobs
- Must have references and great vibes all around!
- Housekeeping is generally done between 11 and 3 PM and on-call shifts start when closed. Dont worry, you can sleep!
- Work schedule is 15-20 hours per work, schedule may be set to weekdays and/or weekends