Full-Time Customer Service Manager - ASAP
We are currently seeking an energetic full-time manager to provide a world class welcoming, inclusive, appealing, and fresh hostel environment for our global guests. The ideal candidate will have minimum 2 years’ experience managing an accommodation or role in customer service. The candidate will be well versed in travel culture and have knowledge of hostels. The successful candidate will be able to provide information to guests about hostel features, local visitor information, culinary recommendations and travel and event information.
- Ensures staffing requirements are met by assigning, scheduling, coaching and communicating job expectations
- Plans, monitors, appraises and reviews job contributions and enforces policies and procedures
- Ensures high quality customer service objectives are maintained, provides recommendations to strategic plans regarding customer-service standard
- Resolves problems and identifies customer service trends, determining system improvements and implementing approved changes
- Communicates with guests about local tourism activities and promotes access to gear rental and local outdoor tourism agencies
- Ensures general duties including cleaning guest rooms, washrooms, kitchen and public areas are completed daily
- Has an innovative approach to marketing within and outside of the community
- Ability to follow and give directions, previous management and supervisory role an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, OneDrive), Adobe, and on-line booking and marketing systems an asset
- Professional attitude and physical stamina required
- Follows and manages strict budgeting and financials, completes payroll, and general administration duties
- Ability to mobilize staff and coordinate efforts in a positive, professional and courteous manner
- Post-Secondary education in business, marketing, accounting, or similar field an asset
- First Aid and WHIMIS Certification
- Preference will be given to candidates that are bilingual in French and English, know the local area, and have a vested interest in outdoor adventure
- Well-versed in travel and hostel culture is required
Send your resume and cover letter in PDF by email to email@example.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.
We are looking for super fun and outgoing individuals who can keep the hostel vibe positive and the nightlife safe.
Positions are staggered starting from March 1st, 2019.
We are seeking someone responsible with a great attitude to be front desk reception and on-call during the evenings, and casual cleaning staff. Our main mandate is to get our guests out, having fun, and making sure everyone arrives without a hitch. We keep an extremely clean environment and have very high standards that always make the following day's tasks easier as we remain diligent.
Your stay with us would be offset by your volunteer hours and breakfast is on us every morning. You will have amazing perks to the position (Stand Up Paddle Boards, Bikes, Insider Info on the best swimming holes, etc). We encourage you to get out and charge our beautiful and wild outdoor environment.
Our staff stay in a 4 bed mixed dormitory. Generally the room will remain vacant from other guests, but during times of overflow we may need to occupy one or two of the beds. There is extra gear and warehouse storage on-site for any larger items, and a locker and private bunk in the room.
- Between the ages of 18 and 35
- Be working or studyinig in a related field
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Be able to speak fluent English, French is an asset
- Hold a valid passport valid six (6) months after the desired return date
- Volunteer positions are a minimum of two months
- On your arrival the hostel manager will provide training on all assigned jobs
- To help you better understand your new environment, you will be asked to set up goals and objectives with your new manager and to complete a report about your experience at the end of your stay
- There is a small basic remuneration for the program for lunches and dinners. Your breakfast, some communal dinners and gear rental will be included and of course a great cultural experience that is action packed